Terms and conditions
Luxury villa with private pool at Hideaway Beach Lane
1. Bookings between the owners or owner of the home (hereinafter called the Owners) and the person making the bookings (hereinafter called the Client) are valid after (a) the booking form has been completed and signed and has been received by the Owners; (b) the appropriate deposit has been paid to the Owners; and (c) the booking has been confirmed to the Client by the Owners in writing. Telephone reservations can only be held for a maximum period of 7 days. The Owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation thereafter unless a completed booking form and the appropriate deposit have been received.
2. By signing the booking form the Client accepts these conditions and warrants that he/she is authorised to agree them on behalf of all other persons named on the booking form including those substituted or added by subsequent agreed amendment of the booking. The Client may not sub-let or assign the property or share other than persons included in the agreement with the Owners.
3. A non refundable booking deposit of £100 per week is paid at the time of booking. The balance is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to the rental period, except where booking instructions are received within 8 weeks of the rental period when payment in full must be made with the application. If the Client does not pay the balance due at the prescribed time the Owners reserve the right to cancel the booking. In this event the deposit will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Client has travel insurance to cover any cancellation.
4. Any cancellation by the Client must be notified in writing directly to the Owners. If the notification of the cancellation is received by the Owners more than 8 weeks before the rental period, only the deposit will be retained. If less than 8 weeks then the full rental amount is retained. It is therefore advisable to have holiday insurance to cover cancellation.
5. Rental period commences at 4pm local time on the day of arrival as specified on the booking form and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure unless by agreed prior arrangement.
6. Persons/children under the age of 18 years are not acceptable unless accompanied by parents or a responsible adult.
7. The use of accommodation and amenities is entirely at the users risk, and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners or their agents for injury, or for loss of damage to the user, visitors or their belongings, however caused. Baggage and personal belongings are at the Clients risk at all times, and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents. The Client is strongly advised to take out full and adequate travel insurance to cover all members of the party.
8. Children must at all times be supervised by parents or other responsible adults when using the swimming pool. It is recommended that the pool safety screen is in place at all times when children are in the rental party. All persons use the pool, flotation devices and surrounding area entirely at their own risk. Diving is not permitted.
9. The Client is responsible for the property, and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. All damages and breakages are the legal responsibilities of the Client, and their costs shall be refundable on demand. Any maintenance or repair of the premises, equipment, amenities or fixtures required due to misuse shall be charged to the Client.
10. Should the Client consider that there is any reason for complaint whilst staying in the property the Client must first approach the local Property Manager. However, should the Client wish to pursue the matter with the Owners the complaint should be made in writing and submitted within 7 days of return to the U.K.
11. The Owners or their Property Managers will not be liable for any loss or delay to or cancellation of the Clients holiday due to industrial disputes, riots, threat of hostilities, political unrest, natural disasters, aircraft grounding, closure of airports or ports, weather conditions or any other circumstances beyond their control.
12. The contract is subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts.